Sunday, February 13, 2011

At home Day 6, Unhealthy/Cheat day and going to a private moving screening with friends!

Comments/Thoughts:

Well it was a great day!  Getting ready to go to Indianapolis to see one of my good friend's movie was so much fun for a change.  When you gain a ton of weight you end up having to get new clothes, but you leave behind some of your favorites.  Well I was lucky enough to do a fashion show for me wife before I left and happily fit into some clothes we both really love.  They are actually looser on me then when I originally bought them which just feels so great.  I have dreaded having to wear anything except my usual jeans and polo when we go out for so long that I just felt amazing free being able to get into a nice button up shirt and smaller pants and be comfortable.  Also, to know my wife loves my outfit just makes things better too, I hate how my weight impacts her sometimes, and last night we were both just amazingly happy.

The movie was great!  I am so happy for Zack (and for us since we were investors) and even though I know there were some technical things he wanted to turn out better the movie was just fantastic.  My wife was so nervous because she played a doctor in the movie for a scene and it was great seeing her up on the IMAX screen at the Indiana State Museum.

A ton of our friends went and we were able to have dinner with some before the movie.  We went to an upscale American cuisine type place called Palominos in downtown Indianapolis.  The food and company were great even though we were a little stressed about making the movie on time.  None of us knew it could take over 15 minutes to get out of a parking garage in Indy.  What made us even more nervous was that we had Laura Parker with us who not only was the wife of the director, but also had his pre-

movie speech with her.  We had given her a ride so that Zack could spend time working his magic on the IMAX projector and getting things perfect.
.
Luckily I was able to get there just in time and let these beautiful ladies out and they got in just in the nick of time.  I made it in and got myself some naughty little M&Ms and a diet coke.  I mean it was cheat day!

Though this was one of my worst meal and exercise days, overall it was an amazing me day, and great date/friends day.  We did get a call during the movie that our babysitter had locked herself out of the house with our little girl in there, but with some quick calling of a person with the key in town the crisis was averted.

Statistics:
I walked 5,012 steps and 2.3 miles and burned 3,513 calories via my fitbit  

Watch calories burned: N/A since I did not go to the gym.

Exercise:
Walking around Indianapolis, and vigorous fashion show movements?

Food:
Woo boy!  So breakfast was turkey sausage, one whole egg with 2 egg beaters on a whole wheat english muffin.  Lunch was a bowl of leftover hot and sour soup, veggies with 1/2 cup brown rice, and an orowheat bun and meatloaf sandwich.  Dinner is where things went "unhealthy."  My counselor at camp Essara always said that it wasn't a "cheat" that we just choose to eat unhealthy sometimes and that is just part of your life.  I think it is actually a great way to look at it.  I do not feel guilty about the food I ate as now I am going back to eating well the rest of the time.  One unhealthy choice does not have ot mean a series of them.  Bad foods are a part of life and to be enjoyed in moderation.  Cutting them out completely would be to give them too much control over me.  Anyway, onto the food I ate...  First I had an amazingly creamy portabello mushroom soup!  It was crazy thick and amazing!  Next came a Sicilian meatball appetizer which had marinara and pistachios in it and was surprisingly good.  Last but not least was the chicken parmesan!  It was great, not the best I have ever had, but still really good.  I actually did only eat half of the chicken and pasta because I was stuffed, but when we got home at 2am I finished it (oh how naughty!) and now there is nothing in the fridge to cheat with, that is good right?  I had one bourbon and diet coke with dinner as well and enjoyed it quite a bit.  Last but not least at all for my cheating was a medium sized bag of peanut M&Ms at the movies.  I think Jen had 6 and I ate the rest.  Bad bad bad, but so good good good.  There are some pictures of this stuff at the end of the weekly album if you are interested.

Pictures/Slideshow:

No comments: