Saturday, February 12, 2011

At home Day 5, eating out and not cheating!

Thoughts/Comments:
Today was a great day for food considering two of my meals were eaten at two of my favorite restaurants and with great company.  To cap the day off I took my wife shopping for her birthday/anniversary/valentines day present at the Kenwood Mall in Cincinnati and she got a purse she absolutely loves.  The cherry on top was that we came to an upgrade agreement on on Iphones that allowed me to get an Iphone 4 at the Apple store!  I am pretty excited, and played with the silly new device all the way home.  We also went Whole Foods and I got some great stuff to take home and cook.  We have no Whole Foods or Fresh Market in Richmond so it is always great to get some quality groceries when we can.

I got to catch up with some friends I have not seen since before I left for camp and that is always great.  Today was an amazing day, and tomorrow is "Unhealthy meal day" which means I get to actually indulge in some nice things in Indianapolis.  We are going there with a fairly big group to see the private premiere of my friend Zack's new movie Scalene (which was filmed here in Richmond.)  Full disclosure my wife and I are investors in it, and she actually got to do a little on screen work as a doctor in it.  Fun stuff!

Statistics:
I have lost my fitbit and worry for it's safety...  Come home little guy!  We miss you!

Watch Calories Burned: 690 calories for a treading class and dynamic stretch class

Exercise:
Today I was lucky enough to do a little training for my wife.  We did a treading class today, and she did incline instead of speed for difficulty.  She can job 5ks now, but the incline really helped challenge her today I think.  Also, I took her through a stretch class I would go to on Monday, Wednesdays and Fridays at the resort that Sam taught.  I burned 690 calories and she seemed to be pretty close to that as well.

Food:
We were running very late today getting the kids ready for school so breakfast for both of us was a Lara Bar.    I also had about 8oz of skim milk, so it was all good.  Lunch was at El Rodeo mexican, and I was proud to not eat the chips and salsa!  I had 3 corn tortilla shells and chicken and veggie fajitas with some salsa on them.  It was great and I got to catch up with my friends Zack and Kevin.  Dinner was amazing at PF Changs, I was suprised to find so many good options calorie wise.  The sodium content is too high, but the taste to calorie ratio is off the charts.  I had 3 small cups of the soup (120 calories total,) and 1 serving of shrimp with lobster sauce on brown rice (315 calories.)  Splitting the dinner with Jen turned out great for both of us.

Pictures/Slideshow:
Added some more pictures to the weekly album!

2 comments:

Josh and Megan said...

I'm still watching you!!! You are doing fantastic dwayne! Good choices with all your food habits! You are on the right track! Keep it up!

Wildcat in Indy said...

Thanks again Megan, it is very motivating to know people read and it helps me feel accountable. Do you know who I contact to get on the Alumni blog list on the main Resort blog page?