Tuesday, February 15, 2011

At home day 8, New week, valentines day, eating out and life in general...

Comments/Thoughts:
It was once again special event kind of day, a "Hallmark" holiday of sorts... valentines day!  So we went to my son's school with my daughter and ran some events and played with all the kids.  At the end of the day I had a babysitter scheduled and so we went out for a nice dinner at O'Charley's.  I did not really stray, but I did have red meat which was a first in a long time.  It was really a great day, and we ended it by shopping for a new coat for me which I needed since I have lost so much weight.  I love clothes shopping now.

So good news for my blog today, I was told that my name and a link to my blog I would be added to the front page at http://blog.biggestloserresort.com and I am hoping I get some new readers.  I find that this blog and knowing that people are reading it helps me feel accountable.  I plan to do a post soon about things to know before you go to the resort.  There are many little things that can help out there.

Statistics:
I walked 14,438 steps and 7.2 miles and burned 4,516 calories via my fitbit http://www.fitbit.com/user/22B6S6

Watch calories burned: 900 calories burned

Exercise:
Today was a good workout day, I did a double treading class on the treadmill at the gym.  My shirt was a big wet mass, which is a good thing after a hard workout.  My definition of double treading is 5 minutes at an uncomfortable pace (this week it is incline 15 and speed 2.7, 3.2 for the last minute) then a 5 minute rest, then I add on another 5 at the uncomfortable pace, and 5 at a slow past to recover, then I do the 4, 3, 2 and 1 intervals all twice.  I burn through about 750 calories on the machine and by the time I am at home I am over 900 calories from carry over.

Food:
I had a 200 calorie lara bar for breakfast and a small glass of skim milk.  For lunch I had the great meal you see to the right of your screen.  I made fat free cornbread and turkey chili from the great recipe book I purchased at the Biggest Loser Resort.  I love the cornbread, and I found out that the kids do as well.  Jen loved this meal, and I think it is a definite go to.  For dinner I had an 8oz filet, asparagus without butter and chicken tortilla soup.  My calories for the day did not exceed 1600 so it was still counted a good day.  I also had a chocolate covered strawberry with my wife for valentines day.

Slideshow/Pictures:

1 comment:

Martha Edwards said...

Hi There,

I'm a writer for ThatsFit.com. You recently expressed interest through Facebook in sharing your story in our Success Stories Blogging feature (http://www.thatsfit.com/tag/blogging-down)

I'm wondering if you'd be interested in being profiled? Your involvement would consist of answering a few standard questions and providing a couple of photos (before and after shots highlighting your weight loss.) In return, we'd provide links to your blog so our readers can check out your fantastic story for themselves.

Interested? Have questions? Please let me know.

Hope to hear from you,

--
Martha Edwards

Freelance Writer, www.ThatsFit.com
E: mlhedwards@gmail.com