Tuesday, February 8, 2011

At Home on the new living plan.. Days one and two combined!

Monday-

Thoughts/Comments:
Today was a bit tough to get back in to the swing of things.  I noticed I was out of it trying to get the kids off to school.  Normally I am a fine oiled machine of efficiency, but a month off has really changed that.  Thank goodness Jen was home in the morning to help get us all moving.

I did work out today, but it is weird working out only 2 hours...  I know that sounds odd but I felt like I was slacking.  Does anyone else feel like that now that you are home?   I mean I really gave it my all for those 2 hours, but compared to a hike or my 3 afternoon classes it just was so far from what I am used to now.  My legs are burned out still from last week.  I guess I really pushed it to have them still fatigued.

Statistics:
None really applicable since I forgot my fitbit and forgot to wear my heart monitor during workouts!

Exercise:
I woke up before the kids were awake and got 25 minutes of kettlebells in.  I did 4 sets of 25 two handed swings, 4 sets of 25 on each single hand between the leg swings, 4 sets of 25 switching from handed to hand between the legs, and 3 sets of 20 single handed outside swings.  That was definitely a good start to the morning.  About 30 minutes later my wife and I were at the gym and I did a treading class (our treadmills go up to 15 incline here too..  Great huh?) and after I did the treading class I did a dynamic stretching session (like Sam teaches at the resort) and then just went out and watched my wife finish her arm workout.

I am really having a difficult time with thinking I am taking it easy.  I did have a completely wet shirt from my workout, but I am used to going through 3 shirts a day at the resort.  Spacing it out is kind of difficult mentally.

Food:
For breakfast I had a piece of turkey sausage, not the best breakfast, but it was all I could get in considering how slow I was with the kids.  Lunch was at Chilli's so I had a decent challenge in finding something I could eat.  After some quick intelligence gathering on my phone I learned a bowl of their Green Chile soup was 200 calories, and that just the skillet portion of their chicken fajitas was 330 calories.  I added one flour tortilla since they do not carry corn tortillas and that was another 130 calories.  It was an expensive caloric lunch, but well within my limit.  Dinner was simply a turkey burger, with veggies and 3 small chocolate covered strawberries for dessert.  I also had an apple and an 80 calorie Luna bar for snacks during the day.

Slideshow/Pictures:
*Note I am going to be adding pictures to the weekly album and describing them in the captions of the pictures, I will mention it in updates on twitter and facebook when I add the pictures. Also, Tuesday's blog post will be under this picture section.


Tuesday-
Comments/Thoughts:
Well I felt really weak yesterday in my legs so today I am taking a rest day.  I had thought I would just wait for the weekend, but I think I need it.  Wednesday I plan to hit the kettlebells and gym again while the kids are in school so that will be good.

Getting back in the swing of things here is difficult, especially with Jen on two night shifts in a row.  I am trying to get readjusted and adding in the new cooking routine.  It is a bit bumpy, but I think I will get it all together by the end of the week.  Just ordered a new blender for the soups I make, and ordered some stuff from amazon.com to help finish out the grocery pantry.  We can't get everything at the stores in this small town, but I can fill the gaps with online shopping fairly well.

Statistics:
Only about 4500 steps for the day today.  Taking it easy, doing some laundry and cooking a good lunch were the priorities.

Exercise:
Carrying laundry baskets up 4 flights of stairs and chasing children was all I got in today.  about 15k fewer steps today then a typical resort day.

Food:
Had a good tomato, egg, egg beater omelet this morning.  Followed it up with some mushroom soup from the resort cookbook I bought, with a turkey burger and veggies.  Dinner was left over Sushi, around 8 pieces and I would estimate it at 400-450 calories.  All in all a great food day.  Tomorrow I plan on making turkey meatloaf and also working on turkey meatballs for the rest of the week.

Slideshow/Pictures: See above...

No comments: