Thursday, February 10, 2011

At home Day 4, Thursday and my aching foot!

Comments/Thoughts:
Well today I went to the doctor's office for a weigh in and to check my blood pressure.  I have been weighing in every month since around September to qualify for a lap band procedure.  Surgery has never been what I wanted to do, but I am quickly approaching my 35th birthday and if I am unable to do this through will power I will fix it the other way (or attempt to.)  The good news right now is I am not going to consider the surgery.  The resort has put me in a great mindset and has set me up to succeed without the added risk.  My blood pressure was actually very good compared to the past and in another 10-20 pounds I may be off my medication for it.  My weight change since weighing in on the 4th of January is 30 pounds down.  I thought they would be more excited about it at the office, but I guess people hit 30 pounds a month in there all the time... sheesh!  It was a great feeling, and I wish we could afford both mentally and financially for me to do it all again.  I think Jen would shoot me if I tried to sneak away. =)

It was good timing to be at the doctor so I had her look at more cut/sore on my foot and fortunateness she said it was athlete's foot (yuck!) and that with treatment the pain would go away and it would heal.  Very annoying, and slightly gross!

Statistics:
I forgot to wear my fitbit!  ARGH!

Watch stats: Burned 315 calories during my 30 minutes of kettlebell

Exercise:
I did do my 30 minutes of kettlebells today sweat like a maniac.  It was good to get it done and my new 36 pound bell really kicks my a$$.  I did not feel up for treadmill action today because just walking around is killing my foot.  I have to get this healed up.  I went and got a ton of medication and bandages, I won't stay off this foot for more than a day or two.  I can't get out of the habit of my cardio.

Food:
Breakfast once again was a turkey sausage, egg english muffin.  I enjoyed meatloaf I made last night (from the resort cookbook) for lunch and had veggies with 1 cup of brown rice and some braggs aminos.  It was a pretty big lunch, and unfortunately Jen did not like the meatloaf so it is all me!  Dinner was a meatloaf sandwich on bread thins, and more veggies with 1/2 cup of rice and braggs.  I also had a bowl of Pacific brand low sodium roasted red pepper and tomato soup (low sodium) and it was great for only 100 calories!  Dessert will once again be.... chocolate covered strawberries, and I made a new batch of them tonight!  I had a 150 calorie snack today of Pop chips!  They are great and you get a decent amount for the calories and they really taste like a puffy potato chip.  Our dietitian at the resort, Jessica Hummel,  showed them to me on our grocery trip and I am very grateful!  Jen and the kids loved them too so they are going to be a good go to snack.  I ordered some through amazon, but I found them at Kroger today in the healthy chip area.  Why do they have to keep the healthy stuff separate?

Slideshow/Pictures:
There are a few new pictures in this album, but you probably have seen most!

2 comments:

Josh and Megan said...

Way to go with your cooking and kettebells....etc. I'm so proud of you! Stay away from LAP BAND....YOU KNOW NOW that YOU CAN DO IT without surgery. you are stronger than surgery! I'm proud of you and WE ALL HERE (at the RIDGE) are proud of you!

Wildcat in Indy said...

Yeah I am pretty excited, I may be back for one week in April. Have to talk to my parents and figure out the cost ratio to goodness for one week. My wife already agreed but I would have to sell some stock! Eek.