Sunday, February 6, 2011

Day 27, Last day before my flight home...

Comments/Thoughts:
Well I went ahead and weighed in on Saturday since I am not sure I can make my shuttle and weigh in on Sunday morning.  I will try to sneak an additional weigh in on Sunday, but not new measurements.  I lost 27.2 pounds, 5.5 inches around my chest, 5 inches around my belly and 3.25 inches around my waist.  I am not going to lie and say I wasn't hoping for more numbers wise, but it is an amazing jump start into going home.  I am much more fit and able to workout than before I got here.  I moved up from the slower vans to the fastest one here and kept up with my groups on the hikes.  Losing weight is a mentally challenging game because we are all caught up in the numbers.  One thing I will say is I got in my goal clothing while here.  The inches lost mean I have gained muscle while losing fat as well so that is great!

Once again, it was both a happy and sad event at graduation.  I am going to miss people here so much, and I am glad I get to keep in touch with so many.  Like I said last night at graduation it is hard to leave a place where you find a whole new amazing family every week.  That being said I want to again thank my beautiful wife and children for allowing me to come out here.  I know it was difficult on them and I will always appreciate that they helped me start this journey, and are supportive and loving in every way I could dream.

Statistics:
Fitbit stats were: 5424 calories burned, 21,450 steps taken, and 10.79 miles traveled

Watch calories burned: 2500 calories

Hike/Exercise:
We did the Paramount Ranch hike this Saturday and it actually was fairly strenuous this time.  It was great hiking with my hiking group from this week as well as some new friends I had made during the week.  I got a great calories burn for a Saturday.

As far as other classes, I did not make the stretch class post hike (I did do a 30 minute one by myself earlier) but I had a final kettlebell session with Michael and burned close to 600 calories.  I am excited to get back home and on with my kettlebell training.  Someone came out and video'd me throwing them around, and once I do a little editing I will post them.  It is kind of embarrassing because my shirt is way too big and I had to tuck my shorts bottoms into my underwear so I could move them between my legs.  So you have been warned!  I will post them though regardless of the embarrassment.

An additional bit of exercise occurred when I went to the mall with some of my new friends and walked around Thousand Oaks mall for probably 2 hours.  That was an additional mile or three.

Food:
Breakfast was eggs and toast, lunch was asian chicken wraps and roasted red pepper soup, and dinner was a cobb salad which I ditched in favor of a boca burger.

Pictures/Slideshow:

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Great job Dwayne!! Now take what you have learned home and keep going!! Keep updating the blog too!!

Josh and Megan said...

I AM SOOOOOOOOO PROUD OF YOU!!!! KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK!!!!

Kelly Ure said...

Loved the pictures of our last hike - especially me making it up the hill! Keep working hard and keep posting. I am tring to keep up with you! I am glad to be home but sure do miss life and friends on the ranch. Enjoy your family; I bet they were dying to see you!!! Keep in touch Dwayne:)

Wildcat in Indy said...

@Megan - Thanks so much for keeping up with me, it really helps keep me motivated!

@Kelly - Glad you made it home ok, I am already missing our group from last week. I enjoyed that hike since I got to talk to people on it. You and Carolyn did great on that last big hill!

@Scott - The blog is rolling on...