Thursday, February 10, 2011

At home Day 3, hump day and still going...

Thoughts/Comments:
It was a decent day except for the fact that my foot is a bit hurt.  There is a crack in the bottom of my foot that is quite painful, and amusing that I am home and not walking 6-12 miles a day and now my foot gets hurt.  Very annoying, but I am sure I can get past it.  I still managed a good workout today.

It was nice to have the kids in school and at parents morning out.  I was able to go to Starbucks and catch up on some reading after the gym and that is always nice.  I love going there and people watching and missed it quite a bit while I was at the resort.  I have switched drinks from coffee with cream and splenda to green tea and less splenda.  I think less calories and less caffeine will help me out.  It worked at the resort so no reason to rock the boat too much.  I also have not been drink diet cokes/coke zero except on my less healthy day of the week, and perhaps when I go to the movies.  I have been drinking plain water and crystal lite pure fit in my water as well.

Statistics:
I walked 7,045 steps and 3.3 miles and burned 3,443 calories via my fitbit http://www.fitbit.com/user/22B6S6


Watch calories burned: 615 during workout session


Exercise:
At the gym today I did a treading class, and then afterwards a did a Sam style dynamic stretch session.  For those of you that have no idea what I am talking about it is a session that first starts out warming muscles by using them (think lunges, squats, kicks etc etc) and then goes back through and stretches the warm muscles with typical stretch poses.  It is both a good stretch and workout.  I can get it mostly done in 30 minutes and it is 45 minutes at the resort.  My total calories burned was 615, and I did not get to my kettlebells since I woke up late and was beat after the kids went to bed.  Perhaps less Starbucks and more swinging is in order?

My foot is bothering me pretty bad and I may have to take it easy on the treadmill for a day or so to heal.  It is an open cut/sore on the foot and it hurts bad.

Food:
For breakfast I had a egg and turkey sausage english muffin, lunch was a turkey burger and veggies with leftover mushroom soup, and dinner was chicken bbq pizzas from the resort cookbook with chocolate covered strawberries as a dessert.  Have you noticed a theme for desserts?  I still think the resort should offer them as an option every night.

Slideshow/Pictures:

No comments: