Thursday, January 13, 2011

Day two from Day four perspective?

So I am behind, and will try to finish day two and three today (which is day four.)  Confused?  I am a little, but that is because the days here all mingle together into a nasty sweaty haze.  Anyway onto day two:

Tuesday!  So the day started out with a 6AM stretch class once again.  From the first day I assumed this would be an easy, wake up stretch and relax class...  That was so not the case.  The instructor (Cameron) turned it into a semi-core stretching class.  I was not prepared for this pre-hike workout mentally.  I definitely do not want to be sore on hikes that go straight up mountains, and worse... back down.  Anyway, I survived that "optional" class and then went on to breakfast which I did not get a picture of.  It was a peach smoothie and some eggs.  The smoothie is probably they only thing I have had so far I have not liked here.  I did not know there was optional granola and oatmeal.  Live and learn I guess.  Here is the menu for the day:

















Next came the hike which was the Latigo Canyon Backbone hike.  It was much more difficult then on day 1.  I had to stop several times, but I finished.  It was about 6 miles of mostly up terrain.  Here are some of the pictures:





















After the hike we came back and thankfully I had the H2O circuit class.  The water classes are difficult but they help out with all the ankle pain from the hike.  I wish it was always that way.  Each of the classes is 45 minutes, with a 15 minute window to get changed/move to the next class.  It is like high school but the classes kick your a$$.  Next was lunch which was a squash soup and turkey club wrap.  No picture of the soup, but I remembered to get the wrap.













Once again the food was excellent.  The soup was really creamy and good, and the fake mayo they use was actually pretty good.

After lunch there was a cooking demo lecture from the chef here and it was pretty entertaining.  I purchased the cookbooks and am excited to try the recipes at home.  After the lecture I went straight into my next class which was Cardio Intervals.  That was a fairly difficult class but I enjoyed it.  The next class was Total Toning, and that was your basic aerobic class with weights.  It was one of the more difficult classes   Last but not least was another H20 Intervals class.  This was fun and exhausting, but a great way to end the day of classes.

Next was dinner, and we had baked penne pasta with vegetables which was delicious.  I out a little hot sauce on the veggies and they were great.  We also had chocolate covered strawberries and they were amazing.  Both are pictured on the side here.  Last thing of the day was a lecture on spending calories wisely.  Good information.  That was it for day two.  Now on to day 3.

















No comments: