Friday, January 14, 2011

Day three, just one more to go to be caught up...

Ok I am going to try to breeze through these last two and not post so many pics.  If you are interested in pictures for these I will post links at the bottom.  I have commented most of the pictures now so hopefully they will provide the subtext you need.  Also I apologize for the sloppy formatting I have not had time to review my html enough to situate the pictures and text correctly.  I hope to fix that problem over the weekend

Here is the slideshow:



Here is the link to the picasa web album.

Anyway..  Day 3 began for me at around 4:35AM PST.  I am trying to maintain my east coast time zone advantage by waking up early (7:35 EST) and going to bed early.  So far it is working I am having no problems getting out of bed.  I woke up sore, but not as bad as I imagined.  I believe that the stretching they do here after every class and the stretching class itself help tremendously with this.  That brings me to my first class of the day, stretching!  This class was taught by a biggest loser contestant from season 9 named Sam.  It was his first stretching class he has taught and he did a great job.  All the trainers here come around during our meals to talk about the program and it is no different for him.  He is very motivating, and I think a great asset to their program here.  After stretch was breakfast which was French Toast mostly with some nice maple syrup.  I took one of the optional snacks for the hike (hard boiled egg) and an apple.

Next came the hike which is called "Solstice."  It was one of the two hardest hikes according to fellow campers here.  It was very tough, going all the way up a mountain and then down a canyon behind it.  At the bottom of the canyon there was an old burnt down house that was really cool.  If you look through the pictures you will see I took several pictures of it.  Our guides were great, but they made us do an extra hill so I have to give them a B+ for the day.  I did well on this hike and did not have to stop at all after using the "Mountaineer step" that my guide the previous day, TJ, had taught me.

Once back to camp it was on to the liquid moves class which was great for my sore ankles after the hike, and then on to lunch.  Lunch was BBQ pizza and a salad I prepared extra which was amazing.  There was also beet soup which I liked after I added some tabasco and salt to.  Not my favorite one, but not terrible.

After lunch my class was a water class once again.  I really enjoy them and sweat for quite awhile once I leave the pool.  Some people here say they do not bur enough calories, but I think they are great.  Next came Kickboxing class...  That one wore me out completely.  It was pretty rapid pace and the trainer for the class was Megan and she is crazy intense.

Finally the last class was called Mountain!  This class was a 12 increase class where you get on a treadmill (or other cardio machine) and do twelve - three minute intervals.  Each one must either increase incline or speed. By the end of it you are humping it.  I enjoyed the class and it did beat me down, but the last class of the day just goes by pretty fast I find.

The end of the day was dinner which was a salad, a tortilla bowl filled with chicken, rice and some tomatillo sauce. Very tasty with some hot sauce added.  The dessert was mango sorbet. Again very tasty.  Finally we had a lecture on Intuitive eating which was great.

Ok, hopefully I can finish the day 4 blog before I finished day 5.

No comments: