Saturday, January 15, 2011

Day 5, a walk on the beach

Well on an annoying note I got a splinter in my hand from the handrail on my cabin.  There actually were two splinters but with a push pin and plastic tweezers I got one out.  I am worried about the other one, and it hurts my palm to do quite a bit now, but I can suck it up for the most part.  Jen says it may get infected, but lets hope to not cross that path.

So the day started with a great stretch class.  This one was taught by Sam again.  His classes are good because they have the right balance of relaxation and core work in the stretching.  That set the day up for a good breakfast, which was a veggie fritata, mixed fruit and a hard boiled egg I took with me on the morning hike.  We found out that our hike was going to be the beach hike so I was excited to be on a scenic hike I could actually enjoy this time.

Here is the link to pictures and the slideshow.  I still haven't had time to work on image integration like I want:






Here is a link to the gallery.

The hike was great, and it was a good workout.  I actually signed up for a Saturday hike to do this one again. We walked the street on the first beach because there were two sets of guests doing the hike (they took the sand) and then it was up and over a huge ridge and down it to the next beach.  There was a nice shipwreck on the next beach, as well as some cool tide pools.  One of the guides was swinging around off the mast of the leaned over shipwreck.  I have a video and some pics taken of it above.  The walk back was not so great at the end since on the beach closest to our van was had to do the sand walk and it was much looser than the sand on the far beach.  I was dragging behind, but I finished it at a run as my fellow guests made a nice tunnel for me to run through at the end.

The class after the hike was H2O intervals, and then it was onto lunch.  Lunch was vegetable soup, which was good by itself, but I added some rooster hot sauce and mung beans to and that turned out even better. The main course was a sloppy joe and salad, and it was pretty tasty.

The first class of the afternoon was cardio disco jam which is apparently many of the women's favorite class.  It was actually pretty fun and a good workout.  It invovles dancing to disco music, and our trainer John dressed up as a crazy disco man.  I wish I had my camera for that.  Next week I will get a picture.  He did a great job teaching the dance moves and we burned a ton of calories.  There was even a disco circle which everyone had to do a solo in...  Pretty embarrassing, but all in good fun.

The next two classes of the afternoon went by surprisingly fast, and those were Liquid Moves and Circuit Training.  I got a good calories burn, but was glad those were two of my last ones of the week.  I am ready to get my rest on.

Dinner was a salmon pattie sandwich and veggies.  I had to get some ketchup out.  It was my least favorite meal for dinner yet.  It was edible though, not poisonous.  The dessert was a fruit skewer with raspberry sauce.  Not as good as grilled pineapple, but decent enough.

After dinner I was invited to go to Target by a fellow guest and so three of us set out to buy some stuff we wanted to make the stay a little more comfortable.  I have to say driving by all the great restaurants was hard, but passing up the Starbucks in the Target was INCREDIBLY difficult.  I did it though, and now I have some cheaper flavored water here on campus.  Target charges 3.49 for 6 bottles of propel, camp charges 2 dollars per bottle.  Do the math on that one.  I loaded up!

That was the end of the day.  Now I am getting ready for breakfast and a good beach hike.  Hope everyone is having a great day!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Great Pictures!! The Salmon would have been a problem for me too!

Keep up the good work! The group photos are great!!