Tuesday, February 22, 2011

At home day 15, The beginning of week 3, and a new start.

Comments/Thoughts:
Well after my problems on Sunday, today was a chance to make up for it and I did fairly well.  We did eat out today, but I was pretty diligent in making healthy choices.  In the past one bad day has spilled into a week and then a month and so on and so on.  I think one of the most important changes for me is going to be ensuring that one mistake does not snowball into a huge setback.  If I can control and manage these small slip ups then getting to my goal weight should not be a problem at all.

I used my time after the kids went to bed tonight to work on a project for the blog.  I had purchased the web address http://screamingbeltloop.com awhile back and want to transition my blog to a web space that I have control over.  I really like blogger, but I think I can have more flexibility with wordpress on my own web host.  Last night I imported all the blog posts and comments from here over to The Screaming Belt Loop site and have already made a decent amount of progress on the transition.  Any input either here, or there would be appreciated on the look and things that need to be worked on.  I chose the name just because my poor belts seem to be victims of denial when I have gained weight back and just did not want to move back up a loop.  So some of the loops look like they have been put on the rack and tortured.  Anyway it seemed like a good idea at the time.  Check it out and let me know what you think.

Statistics:
I walked 11,487 steps and 5.6 miles and burned 3,816 calories via my fitbit http://www.fitbit.com/user/22B6S6

My heart monitor stat is missing! =/

Exercise:
Again today I did go to the gym and workout, but it was a brisk walk at an incline.  I am looking forward to going back to kettlebells and double treading, but my body is just not there yet.  The fitbit and treadmill claim I burned 700 calories.  I miss my heart monitor.

Food:
Breakfast was eggs, toast and center cut bacon.  For lunch my wife really wanted to take Katie to Cracker Barrel since she eats so well there.  I had grilled chicken tenders with green beans and turnip greens, and also a small salad with less then a tablespoon of blue cheese.  For dinner I had a flatout wrap with leftover chinese turkey stirfry and lettuce in it, as well as squash soup and two kashi cookies.  I went a little heavy on the dessert section but still had less than 1600 calories today.

Pictures/Slideshow:

No comments: