Sunday, February 20, 2011

At home Day 14, Challenges and being a binge eater...

Comments/Thoughts:
You did not think I was just going to drop another 100 pounds without a speed bump or two did you?  I know I was pretty sure there would be some bumps in the road and today was definitely one.  I ended up having a mini binge today after I got a bit stressed out over a random argument with my wife.  It was your typical little disagreement that did not get resolved because she had to go to work and so as I sat and stewed over it I started getting this crazy urge to eat.  I had eaten about 300 calories of pop chips and two large scoops of peanut butter with two glasses of milk before I even really knew what hit me.  At that point I knew I was in some serious trouble as I was already self-rationalizing about how it would be ok to take the kids on a drive to some nice drive through windows I have not seen in awhile.  Luckily as I was getting them ready I decided I was going to get a coke zero and go to a subway drive through and get a turkey sub.  I cemented this in my mind that I was going to do that by calling my wife at work and telling her about my eating at home and that I was going to get a sub and askeds if she wanted one.  She did and I brought her one to work and we had a nice chat about our argument and misunderstanding and I felt better overall.  It was not a crisis averted moment because I did end up emotionally eating, however getting control before I went out and had another three to four thousand calories is an accomplishment.

I am not sure how many people that read this blog can actually relate to what it is have a binge eating issue, but it really does put your body on autopilot, or that is what it feels like.  It is something I am going to be dealing with for life and I was lucky to meet my counselor at the resort (Essara.)  She gave me some techniques to distract myself and I believe that those helped today.

Anyway, tomorrow is a new day, and I am hoping to get back into more challenging workouts.

Statistics:
Well I forgot to wear the fitbit today, DOH!

Worst yet... I can't find my watch heart rate strap!  Did I leave it at the gym!?!  Grrr

Food:
Breakfast was 50 calories of bacon on two pieces of whole wheat toast and some egg beaters.  Lunch was a turkey club with creamy tomato soup.  I loved the soup, it was Pacific brand creamy tomato organic soup.  At about three I had my mini bing episode.  I at a bag of pop chips and about 4-5 tablespoons of peanut butter.  Worse yet I had two glass of skim milk.  For dinner I had a 6 inch subway turkey sub on whole wheat with lite mayo and no cheese.  Overall a bad food day, but not as bad as it could have been.  Tomorrow is a new day right?

Exercise:
This morning my wife and I went to the gym.  I am still taking it light on strain so I did a one hour walk at 3mph and a 4.0 incline.  Since I forgot the fitbit and the watch I have to go by what the treadmill read which was 700 calories.  I bet it was more like 400 to 500.

No new pictures or slideshow entires.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Way to get control! It's easy to lose control, but you showed a lot of restraint, and that is not easy! While I can't relate directly, I have similar issues with my temper, once it's gone, it's hard to recover!
Keep up the great work! Tomorrow is indeed, another day!

HealthyLoserGal said...

I'm proud of you for not going thru the "bad" drive thrus! You stopped yourself - that is excellent! You're replacing old, comfortable behaviors with new ones and it does take awhile for them to become our second nature! I have faith in your stick-to-it-ness and know you can lose the rest of your weight! :)

Josh and Megan said...

way to get yourself in check! It's GOING to happen! it's going to surface.....losing weight is easy, its the mental part that's the hardest to deal with! Way to go though!!! I'm proud of you!!!

Wildcat in Indy said...

Thanks for al the support you all. I am definitely back on the wagon today.

Wildcat in Indy said...

I also decided to order my ACSM training materials for the ACSM-CPT yesterday. Should have it all on Wednesday. aCSM is a good certification right Megan. I tried to do a little research.

Kent Moeller said...

Dont worry buddy. I'll take one for the team and have some M&M's today.....but you owe me one !!!

hahaha. Way to go Dwayne. You make me wanna do better.