Saturday, January 29, 2011

Day 19, Oceanview and throwing kettlebells!

Comments/Thoughts:
I had a good counseling session with Essara today, which I think is definitely a big part of getting ready to go home.  Learning to deal with stress and anxiety outside of food is my big challenge.  This place does a great detox, and if you work at it you can really get the tools you are going to need at home.  I also had a 30 minute chiropractor appointment and the guy here is awesome.  He fixed my quad and really got my back and shoulders loose.  One of my best stress relievers yet.

One unexpected challenge I have found here is having people leave every week.  You really get used to the people here that support you.  This weekend Dan, Cody, Lisa, Tracy, Nancy and others are leaving and that is pretty much close to my whole lunch group.  They were all long term stay guests and it is always nice to have people around that have been with you throughout your time here.  Next week will be mostly new people it seems which is great, because I love to help the new people coming in, but it does feel like you lose some of your support.  One great thing is I can keep up with people on facebook/e-mail.  Next week is going to be me focusing more on me.  I think I am going to focus my time on preparing for home, and do a little less personal training, and a little more class/menu planning.  I definitely know how to push myself now.

Again, I would highly recommend to anyone coming here to challenge yourself with personal training.  Megan will push you through a crazy core workout that will push and challenge you, Sam has his indoor and outdoor warrior workouts that help you push yourself past your limits, and Michael can training you with kettlebells and show you how to get a TON done in 30 minutes swinging a weight around.  It really does help to know how far you can push it because it takes the rest of your class workouts up in intensity.

Statistics:
I walked 22,516 steps and 11.6 miles and burned 5,430 calories via my fitbit http://www.fitbit.com/user/22B6S6


Watch Calories Burned: 3846 Calories


Hike and Exercise:
I went to a counseling session over going to morning stretch.  It was a Sam day in stretch so I really wanted to go, but I had a good session with Essara and that is important.  The hike today was one I had not been on, called Oceanview.  The hike started off going down into a valley and then started going up up up...  There was one of the steepest inclines I have seen out here on that hike and it was very difficult getting to the top.  After we got up there we followed paths down another ridge for about one and a half miles which was hard on the legs.  It was very steep going down that long distance, and I was never happier that I had brought hiking poles to save me knees.  People had said it was one of the most challenging hikes, but so far Reverse Zuma is the most difficult one I have done.

As far as the rest of the day's exercise I did a pool class, then a circuit training class, and finished up with cardio disco jam.  Look through the pictures to see our instructor John's costume.  He dresses up all disco style to make the class more fun.  Dancing is embarrassing, but fun and a good workout.  I forgot to mention I did an awesome training session with Michael on kettlebells.  We did some partner throwing, and were even flipping the bells by the end of it.  Kettlebells work you out and you just don't even notice the time passing with a good partner.  He also showed me how to practice tosses on my own till I can find a good partner.

Food:
Breakfast was pancakes, eggs and some maple syrup.  I wanted more syrup, but such is life.  Lunch was meatloaf with wild rice, veggies and some mushroom soup.  The soup was great, and the meatloaf was ok with ketchup.  Dinner was a chicken tostada which was one of the largest seeming meals here.  It was really good with some mexican flair and I added a little more hot sauce and loved it.  Dessert was chocolate on banana, strawberries and pineapples, and as you might imagine it was great.

Pictures/Slideshow:

No comments: